Lasik Eye Surgery in Mumbai
Refractive Lens Exchange
What is Lasik Eye Surgery?LASIK (Laser Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis), or Lasik Eye Surgery is a surgical procedure aimed to help in long-term vision correction so that you reduce your dependency and in some cases, get rid of your glasses entirely.
- Fast Recovery
- Superior Results
- Consistent Results
- Proven Treatment
Who is a right candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery?Like any laser surgical procedure, the go-ahead for Lasik Eye Surgery is not given to every spectacle user. Some of the pre-requisites of Laser Surgeries are:
- The candidate should be at least 18 years old
- The candidate should not be suffering from any eye disease / infection
- The candidate should not be a pregnant, nursing or planning to conceive
- The eye prescription should have been stable for about a year and the refractive error should fall within the permitted range for Lasik
- Anybody who wishes to consider Lasik Eye Surgery must be willing to understand its potential risks, complications and side-effects which are duly explained by the surgeon.
Types of Lasik Vision Correction:
1. Conventional Lasik:
Its corrects only spectacle number but does not correct any other distortion.
2. Custom Lasik:
Its corrects spectacle number and the optical distortion. These distortions are measured in a wave form with an aberrometer which is extremely precise, individualised customised wave-front guided vision correction outcomes are for superior then conventional or optimised laser surgery.
- Refractive Error Measurement
- Corneal Topography Map
- Pupil & Corneal Thickness Measurements
- Dilated Examination for Retinal Evaluate
- Discussion of Medical History, Lifestyle, and Expectation
For thinner cornea's with high numbers beyond Lasik correction. Epi-Lasik is a similar procedure to Lasik. It has the same results as Lasik but the heading is slow, slightly painful, in some cases corneal haze and regression can occur.
Lasik for presbypes ( beyond 40 yrs):Essentially mono vision Lasik Eye Surgery is done making one eye distant dominant, the other eye near dominant, with bit eyes open distant and near vision is possible with least dependence on spectacles. The other alternative is to do a presbyopic lens exchange with multi focal lens implantation.
LASIK is a two – stage procedure in which first a hinged flap is created on the cornea. This flap is lifted back and the surface underneath is reshaped, thus changing its focusing power, by an excimer laser. The traditional method of laser vision correction, the LASIK procedure requires a mechanical blade to make an incision in the top layer of the corneal tissue prior to the correction itself. But sometimes the blade procedures can create an uneven surface, a decentred flap or a free flap that can affect the quality of vision. In Z LASIK or FEMTO LASIK or BLADELESS LASIK, the surgeon uses computer software tovguide the Femtosecond laser beam, which applies a series of tiny shots within the central layer of the cornea just beneath the surface of your eye to create the flap. It makes the whole procedure COMPLETELY BLADEFREE and enables the surgeon to tailor the procedure according to the very unique characteristics of each patient. A truly safe, personalized, painless and ALL LASER TREATMENT for Everybody.
ADVANTAGES OF FEMTOSECOND LASIK:
Major advantage over patients with thinner cornea who are not compatible with the standard LASIK procedure.
- SAFETY: It has an extremely low impact on the eye. Technologically it is the most advanced procedure, based on experience from more than million procedures. The risk of undesirable side effects is much lesser as compared with other methods.
- FASTEST: Procedure time is minimum. It creates uniplanar angled edge flap as desired by surgeon which helps in uniform healing. There is no risk of button holes, so less complications.
- SUPERIOR RESULTS: The risk of undesirable dry eyes and haloes at night is considerably reduced. It is comfortable and painless procedure with lesser aberrations and smoother corneal surface resulting in superior vision.
- Outpatient surgery
- Requires only topical or local anesthesia (numbing eye drops)
- Short procedure time (15 minutes per eye)
- Little discomfort and normally painless
- Quick recovery time (as little as one day to resume normal activities)
- Sharp visual clarity
- Lens invisible to the naked eye and undetectable to the wearer
- Reversible procedure (unlike LASIK)
- patient satisfaction
IMPLANTABLE COLLAMER LENS (ICL):
If you have moderate to severe myopia (nearsightedness) or have thin or irregular corneas, you may not be a suitable candidate for LASIK or PRK. Don’t give up; there’s another alternative that can give you excellent quality of vision and help you experience freedom from thick glasses or contacts.
What is Visian ICL?
The Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) is also known as a phakic IOL. “Phakic” means that the natural lens of the eye is not removed (as occurs in cataract surgery), and “IOL” means intraocular lens, or a lens inside the eye. With Visian ICL, a foldable, injectable intraocular lens is placed behind the iris of the eye and in front of your natural crystalline lens to correct your vision without destroying any delicate corneal tissue.
Advantages of ICL
Implantable Collamer Lens(ICL)
Eye Care Center provides Lasik eye surgery in Mumbai at affordable price. Book your appointment now!!!